||Rating: 4.9 - 112 reviews|
World Heritage Site Tour of Agra
Agra city was the capital of Mughal Empire for about 120 years. Mughal not only rule India they also patronized art and culture. In this tour package you will explore Taj Mahal, Agra Fort and Fatehpur Sikri.
This World heritage tour of Agra is specially design for you to explore all UNESCO World Heritage sites with in Agra city in an informative and luxurious way. Taj Mahal was built by fifth Mughal Emperor Shah Jahan in memory of his loving wife Mumtaz Mahal. Taj Mahal took 22 years to be complete, and it was finished in 1653. Agra fort was built by third Mughal Emperor Akbar who was the grand father of Shah Jahan. Akbar truly found Mughal dynasty in India, he win more then 18 battles and built five forts in India Agra fort was one of them. Infect this is the first site which become UNESCO World Heritage sites in Agra. Till Shah Jahan this fort was used by Mughal for living purpose
Fatehpur Sikri was also built by third Mughal Emperor Akbar, this city was the capital of Mughal Empire for about 14 years. after that He moved his capital from Fatehpur Sikri to Lahore which is in Pakistan now. In 1684 Akbar left Fatehpur Sikri then this city was abandoned, that's why his city also known as "Abandoned City".Please read list of prohibited items inside Taj Mahal
Detailed ITINERARY :Please note this is just tentative, actual depend on pickup and traffic condition/distance
Day 1, 09:30 AM Proceed from Delhi to Agra
- Chauffeur driven aircon car will report you 9:30 AM at your hotel in Delhi.
- Then drive to Agra by Yamuna Express highway (3 to 3:30 hours drive)
Day 1, 1:00 PM arrive in Agra
- Driver takes you to your hotel (not include in package please book directly) in Agra, you check-in. Have lunch in your hotel relax for 2 Hr.
Day 1, 04:00 PM Visit Agra Fort/Taj Mahal
- Your Government approved tour Guide will meet you in Hotel lobby at 04:00 PM, he will show you Agra Fort(Please note if next day is friday he will show you Taj Mahal because Taj mahal close on every friday),
Agra fort was built by Hindu ruler Badal Singh and fort was earlier known as Badal garh, it was just a mud fort. Later on 3rd Mughal Emperor Akbar reconstructs this Agra Fort. Reconstruction started in 1565 and it took 8 years to be complete. But some building inside the Agra fort is later edition by Shah Jahan. Shah Jahan love white marble while he was building the Taj Mahal he brought all white marble from Makrana, which is considered hardest marble in the world. He built some white marble inside the Agra fort with the gold plated roof, gold is gone but now we have brass for an idea. He also built one beautiful tower with the Gems inlaid, that was for the public appearance later on he was house arrest by his son Aurangzeb. While Shah Jahan was house arrest by his son in that tower he can see Taj Mahal from there. In the Agra fort we have so many beautiful building like Diwan-e-aam, Diwan-e-Khas, Khas mahal, Jasmin tower, Anguri bagh, Jahangir Mahal, Goldern Palace etc.
Day 1, Back to the Hotel
- After Agra Fort you go back to the hotel to enjoy Indian hospitality.
Spend night in the Hotel.
For the Hotel in Agra we have so many choice and category. So you book Hotel directly of your choice/budget. Cost of the stay in Agra not Include in your package. If you want i can help you to To find best hotel in your budget.
- Day 1 - End!
Day 2, 06:00 AM visit Taj Mahal at Sunrise
- It's time to visit the worlds most beautiful monument, i would rather say highlight of your itinerary The Taj Mahal. Taj Mahal was build by fifth Mughal emperor Shah Jahan in memory of his beloved wife Mumtaz.
Day 2, 08:00 AM Breakfast
- After visit of the Taj Mahal, we go back to the hotel for breakfast.
Day 2, 09:30 AM Local craft visit
- After Breakfast and check - out from your hotel, While you are in Agra you have chance to see some of local crafts of Agra. Because when you leave the Agra city you will leave these arts behind. Agra city is famous for Marble Inlay, Zardozi, Mughal carpet, jewelry etc. Agra in not only famous for Taj Mahal and Agra fort it's also world famous for some very unique Mughal arts
Day 2, 11:00 AM drive to Fatehpur Sikri
- After visiting local arts, you will drive to Fatehpur Sikri, it will take about 1 hr to reach there.
Day 2, 12:00 PM Fatehpur Sikri visit
- Fatehpur Sikri was also built by Akbar, and this city was capital of Mughal Empire for 14 years. Then He moves his capital from Sikri to Lahore which is in Pakistan now days. In 1684 he Akbar left Fatehpur Sikri then this city was abandoned, that's why his city also known as "Abandoned City"
Day 2, 01:30 PM drive Back to Agra
- After visiting Fatehpur Sikri drive back to Agra, it will take again about 1 hr to Agra.
Day 2, 02:30 PM Lunch Break
- Time to Enjoy Mughal food. Agra city was the capital of Mughal Empire for about 120 years, so this city also famous for Mughal cuisine.
Day 2, 03:30 PM drive back To Delhi
- Driver will take you to Delhi thru Yamuna express highway.
Day 2, 07:30 PM Arrive in Delhi
- Arriving Delhi. You will be dropped either at your hotel or airport in Delhi.
PLEASE NOTE: This is a customized tour, so any changes in itinerary are possible as per your choice.
- Chauffeur driven aircon Toyota Innova/Crysta car for Agra visit. Cover Delhi pickup - Agra & f.sikri visit - Delhi drop.
- All State Tax, Toll Tax, Fuel & Parking Charges.
- Mineral Water bottles.
- Government approved tourist guide for Agra & Fatehpur Sikri.
- Battery Bus/golf cart Ride at Taj Mahal & f.sikri.
- Horse cart ride/Rickshaw ride.
- Camera fee.
What is Not Included:
- Hotel in Agra.
- Entrance ticket for all monuments.
- Lunch/dinner/drinks etc.
- Tipping for guide & driver.
- Anything which is not mention in include list.
Book World Heritage site tour Agra
Please send your detail on firstname.lastname@example.org or whatsapp +91 98976186196 along with whatsapp no, Name, Date of visit, No of person, Pickup place/ hotel and payment detail.
*Pay Balance when tour start*