||Rating: 4.9- 165 reviews Highly recommended by visitors!|
Taj Mahal sunrise tour from Delhi by car
Experience the magic of the Taj Mahal at sunrise, without the crowds of tourists. If you have always dreamed of seeing the Taj Mahal but your travel schedule doesn't allow the time, we have designed the perfect tour just for you. It includes not only this 1st man-made wonder of the world but also the most imposing Agra Fort with the Golden Pavilion. And the whole tour is conducted within one day from Delhi to Agra and return to Delhi! Simple Price - No Surprise
You and your group will travel in style, safety and air-conditioned comfort in our chauffeur-driven Toyota Innova/Crysta. After arriving in Agra, you will meet your Government- approved guide who will accompany your group throughout the day and he will explain you more than you view. He will provide a most thorough and fascinating historical account of both these UNESCO World Heritage Sites along with pointing out all the significant sights of ancient Agra, the Mughal capital of India.
Detailed ITINERARY :Please note that all times are tentative and depend on actual pickup time and traffic conditions
3:00am: Proceed From Delhi to Agra
- Your chauffeur driven car will pick you and your group up at 3:00am at your hotel in Delhi or Gurugram.
- Drive to Agra on the Yamuna Express highway (230 KM distance. Approximately 3 hour drive)
6:00am: Taj Mahal Sunrise Tour
- You will arrive in Agra at 6:00am, where you will meet up with your tour guide who will have you at the Taj Mahal in time for sunrise. While there, you will have ample time to explore the buildings and grounds. 10 Interesting facts of Taj Mahal
- Your guide will take you to the Costa Coffee/similar Restaurant where you can enjoy a full and hearty breakfast
9:00am: Agra Fort & Golden pavilion Tour
- After breakfast, your companion guide will take you through the Agra Fort and its many unique buildings including the Golden Pavilion. Brief history of the Agra Fort! While traveling through Agra, your guide will point out many of the significant sites of Agra - the capital of Mughal Empire.
- After the Agra Fort tour and before lunch, your tour guide can provide you with the opportunity to visit some local craft collectives. You can witness the finest craftsmen and artists at work as they create Mughal carpets, Marble Inlay, Zardozi and jewelry. All these time honoured Mughal arts and crafts have been handed down from generation to generation within the same families since the Taj Mahal was built.
- Agra being the capital of the Mughal Empire for so many generations, offers some of the finest Mughal cuisine dining in India. Your guide will take you to the pinch of spice/similar Restaurant where you can enjoy this famous food.
1:30pm: Return Drive To Delhi
- Your chauffeur will drive you back to Delhi on the Yamuna Express giving you the chance to rest and relax in air conditioned comfort.
5:00pm: Arrive In Delhi
- Upon arrival, you can be returned to your hotel or taken to the airport.
PLEASE NOTE: Since this is your personal tour, we are happy to accommodate changes in the itinerary to suit your wishes.
What is Included:
- Chauffeur driven aircon Toyota Innova/Crysta car for same day Agra visit, covering Delhi pickup - Agra visit- Delhi return.
- All State Tax, Toll Tax, Fuel & Parking Charges.
- Mineral Water bottles.
- Government approved tourist guide.
- Battery Bus/golf cart Ride at Taj Mahal.
- Horse cart ride/Rickshaw ride.
- Camera fee.
What is Not Included:
- Entrance ticket for all monuments. (click to buy monument tickets online)
- Breakfast/Lunch/dinner/drinks etc.
- Tipping for guide & driver.
- Anything which is not mentioned in include list.
Please send your detail on firstname.lastname@example.org or whatsapp +91 98976186196 along with whatsapp no, Name, Date of visit, No of person, Pickup place/ hotel and payment detail.
*Pay Balance when tour start*
Taj Mahal sunrise tour from Delhi with no tourists
The Agra fort was built by one Hindu ruler called Badal Singh and Agra fort was earlier known as Badal garh, it was just a mud fort. Later on 3rd Mughal Emperor Akbar reconstructs the Agra Fort, that's why we called this was built by Akbar. Reconstruction started in 1565 and it took 8 years to be complete. But some building inside the Agra fort is later edition by Shah Jahan, So all together Agra fort construction took 90 years. Shah Jahan love white marble while he was building the Taj Mahal he brought all white marble from Makrana. Which is considered hardest marble in the world. And he built some white marble building inside the Agra fort with the gold plated roof, gold is gone but now we have brass for an idea. He also built one beautiful tower with the Gems inlaid that was for the public appearance later on Shah Jahan was house arrest there by his son Aurangzeb. While Shah Jahan was house arrest in that tower he can see Taj Mahal from there. In the Agra fort we have so many beautiful building like Diwan-e-Aam, Diwan-e-Khas, Khas mahal, Jasmin tower, Anguri bagh, Jahangir Mahal, Golden pavilion etc.
- What is meaning of Taj Mahal?
- Who built the Taj Mahal and Why?
- Who was Shah Jahan?
- How many wife Shah Jahan have?
- Who was Mumtaz mahal?
- What is History of Taj Mahal?
- Architecture of Taj Mahal
- Stones used in Taj Mahal construction
Taj Mahal in Agra is the combination of 2 words. Taj means "crown" and Mahal means "Palace", But as you know it's not a living place it's a mausoleum or a tomb of Mumtaz Mahal.
Taj Mahal in Agra was built by fifth Mughal Emperor Shah Jahan in memory of his loving wife Mumtaz Mahal. Taj Mahal is the tomb of Mumtaz Mahal. Taj Mahal also known as building of eternal love. Shah Jahan he was the boy who born with the golden spoon, and he became men with the campaign taste who never compromise with quality.
Shah Jahan was the fifth Mughal Emperor of India. He was the richest person of the world at that time like his Father Jahangir and his grandfather Akbar. Back then 27% GDP of the world was from India. If we considered all time inflation Shah Jahan was the richest person of the world ever.
Shah Jahan was husband of four beautiful wife (as per most of historians). Mumtaz was second and most beautiful wife she was Persian and Persian ladies are known for there spotless beauty.
Mumtaz was from a noble family. Her grand father Mirza Ghiyath Beg was the prime minister of Jahangir. Her Aunt Nur Jahan was 20th wife of Jahangir.
Taj Mahal built by Shah Jahan in memory of his wife. This is her tomb When Mumtaz died she was only 38 years old and she was delivering 14th child of Shah Jahan, only 7 children were survived 4 boys (Dara Shikoh, Shah Shuja, Aurangzeb and Murad Baksh) and 3 daughters (Jahanara Begum, Roshanara Begum and Gauhar Ara Begum).
She died in the child birth, but that baby survived she was Shah Jahan's third daughter Gauhar Ara. Mumtaz died in June 1631 and Taj Mahal construction started after 6 months death of Mumtaz.
(One American author of Indian origin, Indu Sundaresan she wrote a wonder book about Mumtaz death and Taj Mahal construction "Shadow Princess" (Taj Mahal Trilogy #3) that's I would like to recommend you. It has 80% history and 20% Fiction)
Taj Mahal work stated in December 1631 and finished in 1653, it took 22 years to be complete main white Taj Mahal Mausoleum took 17 years and red sand stone structure took 5 years. More then 20 thousand workers were involved in the construction of Taj Mahal. 40 million Indian rupees that was the cost construction of the Taj Mahal then.
Then gold was about 1 Indian rupee per gram and today is about 3500 Rs per gram. So today's Taj Mahal construction cost would be around 2 billion Us Dollars. This is just the construction cost of Taj Mahal historical value is much more like it priceless.
Taj Mahal become UNESCO world heritage site in 1983 but after 7th July 2007 (07/07/2007) this become first men made wonder of the world. So now Taj Mahal is first among seven men made wonder of the world.
Taj Mahal minarets are 2 degree diagonal towards the corner so if earthquake occur they will not fall over the Taj Mahal, they will fall outside.
Taj Mahal is the combination of 10 buildings and fusion of 4 architectures.
Ustad Isa khan Afrandi was the Architect of Taj Mahal. For the Taj Mahal he brought idea from different buildings.
Taj Mahal is the combination of 10 Buildings
1. Taj Mahal main building concept got from 2nd Mughal Emperor Humayun's tomb which is in Delhi.
2. Taj Mahal main gate (royal gate) concept from 3rd Mughal Emperor Akbar's tomb which is in Agra.
3. Taj Mahal minarets (4 towers) concept from 4th Mughal Emperor Jahangir's tomb which is in Lahore Pakistan.
4. Taj Mahal white marble and marble Inlay work concept was from Itmad ud daulah's tomb which in Agra that is also know are "baby Taj Mahal" or "jewel box".
5. Taj Mahal kiosk (chhatri) concept was from Mandu Fort which is in ?Dhar district of M.P state.
6. Taj Mahal Raised platform concept from previous dynasty Lodi dynasty.
7. Taj Mahal four garden concepts were from Persia (modern Iran) and called Paradise garden.
8. Taj Mahal facade and row of the fountain concept from Alhambra Granada.
9. Taj Mahal double dome concept was from great Mosque of Damascus Syria.
10. Taj Mahal Dado, Zali (screen) and wall relive carving are part of Hindu Architecture.
Taj Mahal is the the fusion of 4 Architecture
4. Ottoman architecture.
Taj Mahal basic structure in on bricks and Marble used as veneer (6 inch to 2 feet). For the Taj Mahal Shah Jahan brought all white marble from Makrana. Makrana marble is considered hardest and purest marble in the world, even it's 10 times stronger then Italian marble Carrara. Carrara marble is porous, but Makrana marble is impervious. In India we have more then 100 types of the marble but Makrana marble is the best.
Red color stone which was mainly used to built mosque and guest house in the Taj Mahal complex. This red sandstone was from 50 KM away of Agra.
Semi precious Gems Inlay on Taj Mahal
Taj Mahal is beautifully decorated with marble Inlay work. This art is also called pietra dure. Semi precious stones are use to inlay on the Taj Mahal.
About 28 different types of Gems stones are inlay on the Taj Mahal.
here is the list of semi-precious stone use in Taj Mahal: Lapis lazuli, Jade, Malachite, Carnelian, Garnet, Black onyx, Blood stone, yellow Jasper, Gold sand Stone, Red Jasper, Sodalite, Rhodonite, Quartz, Topaz, white Jade, Turqoise, Oplite, Red Agate, Green Agate Etc.