||Rating: 4.8 - 76 reviews|
TAJ MAHAL AGRA TOUR WITH CITY WALK
Agra city was the capital of Mughal Empire for about 120 years. Mughal not only rule India they also patronized art and culture. In this tour package you will explore old part of the city of Agra on a walking tour.
This adventurous walking tour is like assault on your senses but i would rather say it's worth assault. In this walking tour you will Explore old city spice market, Jama Masjid, Kinari (brocade border) bazaar, some of very old temple of city, local food taste, horse cart/rickshaw ride etc. You will also visit Agra fort at the same day before the walk (if next day is Friday you will visit Taj Mahal at the same day because Taj Mahal close on every Friday). Next day visit Taj Mahal or Agra FortPlease read list of prohibited items inside Taj Mahal
Detailed ITINERARY :Please note this is just tentative, actual depend on pickup and traffic condition/distance
Day 1, 09:30 AM Proceed from Delhi to Agra
- Chauffeur driven aircon car will report you 9:30 AM at your hotel in Delhi or Gurugram.
- Then drive to Agra by Yamuna Express highway (3 to 3:30 hours drive)
Day 1, 1:00 PM arrive in Agra
- Driver takes you to your hotel (not include in package book directly) in Agra, you check-in. Have lunch in your hotel relax for 2 Hr.
Day 1, 04:00 PM Visit Agra Fort/Taj Mahal
Your Government approved tour Guide will meet you in Hotel lobby at 04:00 PM, he will show you Agra Fort first(Please note if next day is friday he will show you Taj Mahal because Taj mahal close on every friday)
Agra fort was built by Hindu ruler Badal Singh and fort was earlier known as Badal garh, it was just a mud fort. Later on 3rd Mughal Emperor Akbar reconstructs this Agra Fort. Reconstruction started in 1565 and it took 8 years to be complete. But some building inside the Agra fort is later edition by Shah Jahan. Shah Jahan love white marble while he was building the Taj Mahal he brought all white marble from Makrana, which is considered hardest marble in the world. He built some white marble inside the Agra fort with the gold plated roof, gold is gone but now we have brass for an idea. He also built one beautiful tower with the Gems inlaid, that was for the public appearance later on he was house arrest by his son Aurangzeb. While Shah Jahan was house arrest by his son in that tower he can see Taj Mahal from there. In the Agra fort we have so many beautiful building like Diwan-e-aam, Diwan-e-Khas, Khas mahal, Jasmin tower, Anguri bagh, Jahangir Mahal, Goldern Palace etc.
Day 1, visit old Agra city (walking tour)
- After Agra Fort/Taj Mahal visit. It's Time for adventure. This adventurous walking tour is like assault on your senses but would rather say it's worth assault. In this walking tour you will Explore old spice market, Jama Masjid, Kinari (brocade border) bazaar, some of very old temple of city, local food taste, horse cart/rickshaw ride etc
- This Guided walk is specially design to explore the architecture four Era, pre Mughal, Mughal, British & modern
- That walk begins from Agra fort Railway station, you are requested to disembark from your car at Agra fort Railway.
- This memorable Raj building was constructed in 1891 as a stopping-off point for colonial tourists visiting Agra's monuments. Agra Fort Railway Station was also the first Railway Station of Agra and also one of the oldest in the country. It has French chateau-style slate-roofed platforms.
- A magnificently proportioned building in the heart of the historic town, the "Friday mosque" was sponsored by Shah Jahan's favorite daughter, Jahanara Begum. This was built in 1648; the mosque's sandstone and marble domes with their distinctive zigzag chevron pattern dominate this section of the town.
- This old lane of Agra is dedicated to the memory of Vaidya Ramdutt Shrama, who used the knowledge of traditional herbal medicines & pulse reading of Ayurveda for treating chronic ailments of human body. Today his family descendants live & practice the ancestral knowledge for the service of the humanity in the same fashion.
- It is one of the ancient temples devoted to Lord Shiva. It is said that the shivlinga covered by the silver metal was founded by lord shiva himself during Dwapara era, when krishna was born in mathura. For child krishna darshan shiva arrived from mount kailash and rested here.
- Temple of Bihari Ji, which is another form of Lord Krishna was built by Mohanlal Ji Gotewale in the year 1880 and is commonly known as "Gotewalon ka Mandir" as the family is still involved in the traditional business of brocade borders for Saaris, dresses & Hand bags continuing the traditional family business. The temple is famous for its most beautifully ornately carved balcony.
- Rawat para is one of the oldest localities of the historic city of Agra. Most of the shops there are very old; some have been there since the Mughal period. Over the years the place has assumed a new identity as a wholesale market for grains, pulses, spices etc.
- The Temple dedicated to Lord Hanuman "The Monkey God" is known as patal Hanuman or Human of nether world, who rescued Lord Rama & his brother Lakshamana from the prison of demon king "Ahiravan" as the myth goes. The temple attracts thousands of devotees every day.
- This is the old market of Agra where sellers used to sale Kinari (brocade border) of sari and ladies dresses in Gold and Silver. But now they make and sell Gold & silver jewelry. But market still know as kinari bazaar.
- Now its time to taste authentic India food of Agra in a very old place which was Establish in 1840.
- From the food tasting place we will take Rickshaw ride back to our car.
Main highlights of the walking tour
1. Agra fort railway station
2. Jama Masjid (Friday mosque)
3. Vaidya Ramdutta Gali
4. Mankameshwar (temple of lord Shiva)
5. Temple of Musicians Balcony
6. Spice market (Rawat para)
7. Patal Hanuman Temple
8. Jewelers Market (kinari bazaar)
9. Local food Taste
10. Rickshaw ride
Day 1, Back to the Hotel
- After walking tour you go back to the hotel to enjoy Indian hospitality.
Spend night in the Hotel.
For the Hotel in Agra we have so many choice and category. So you book Hotel directly of your choice/budget. Cost of the stay in Agra not Include in your package. If you want i can help you to To find best hotel in your budget.
- Day 1 - End!
Day 2, 06:00 AM visit Taj Mahal at Sunrise
- It's time to visit the worlds most beautiful monument, i would rather say highlight of your itinerary The Taj Mahal. Taj Mahal was buid by fifth Mughal emperor Shah Jahan in memory of his beloved wife Mumtaz.
Day 2, 08:00 AM Breakfast
- After visit of the Taj Mahal, we go back to the hotel for breakfast.
Day 2, 09:30 Local craft visit
- After Breakfast, While you are in Agra you have chance to see some of local crafts of Agra. Because when you leave the Agra city you will leave these arts behind. Agra city is famous for Marble Inlay, Zardozi, Mughal carpet, jewelry etc. Agra in not only famous for Taj Mahal and Agra fort it's also world famous for some very unique Mughal arts
Day 2, 12:00 drive back to Delhi
- After visiting local arts, come back to the hotel, check-out and drive back to Delhi.
- Arriving Delhi. You will be dropped either at your hotel or airport in Delhi.
PLEASE NOTE: This is a customized tour, so any changes in itinerary are possible as per your choice.
What is Included:
- Chauffeur driven aircon Toyota Innova/Crysta car for same day Agra visit, Cover Delhi pickup - Agra visit- Delhi drop.
- All State Tax, Toll Tax, Fuel & Parking Charges.
- Mineral Water bottles.
- Government approved tourist guide for city and walking tour
- Battery Bus/golf cart Ride at Taj Mahal.
- Horse cart ride/Rickshaw ride during walking tour.
- Local Food Taste.
- Camera fee.
What is Not Included:
- Hotel in Agra.
- Entrance ticket for all monuments.
- Lunch/dinner/drinks etc.
- Tipping for guide & driver.
- Anything which is not mention in include list.
BOOK TAJ MAHAL AGRA TOUR WITH CITY WALK
Please send you detail on firstname.lastname@example.org or whatsapp +91 98976186196 along with whatsapp no, Name, Date of visit, No of person, Pickup place/ hotel and payment detail.
*Pay Balance when tour start*